“Keep changing, because when you are through changing you are through.” ~ Bruce Barthom
Leigh Ann Germany, Licensed Professional Counselor; CSAT
Are you feeling overwhelmed, depressed or trapped in situations and behaviors beyond your control? You do not have to face these issues alone. She specializes in helping people struggling with dysfunctional relationships, co-dependence, alcohol/drug abuse, process addictions such as eating disorders and sexual compulsivity. In addition, she treats individuals with mood disorders, family conflict, and traumas (such as emotional and/or sexual abuse).
After achieving certification as a Licensed Professional Counselor, she completed specialized training in two areas: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and certification as a Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). She is also trained and experienced in the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
With empathy, acceptance, and sure direction she establishes a partnership with you, helping you set healthy boundaries. You learn to develop an increased sense of self-worth so that you may reach your fullest potential.
Areas of Expertise of Leigh Ann Germany, LPC; CSAT
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Sexual addiction therapy and counseling for partners of sexual addicts
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Alcohol/Drug abuse
- Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma (emotional and/or sexual abuse)
- Suicidal Ideation
- Boundaries/Codependency issues
- Couple Counseling
- Eating Disorders
Education/Experience for Leigh Ann Germany, LPC; CSAT
- Masters in Counseling Psychology; Mississippi College 1992
- Masters in Psychological Testing; Mississippi College 1990
- Licensed Professional Counselor at mindCARES since 2014
- Over 20 years of experience as a therapist
Leigh Ann is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). She is highly qualified to guide you into a life of recovery and help you vastly improve the quality of your life! She also has extensive experience helping spouses/partners of individuals with sexual addictions. Leigh Ann can help you process your pain, anger, fear, and frustration in order to eventually heal from your traumatic experiences.